CRYPTO SPACE AGENCY
MISSION ONE SPACE FLIGHT SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULEs
Sponsored by Galactic Waste Management Inc. d/b/a Crypto Space Agency (the “Sponsor”).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO OWN A CSA MEMBERSHIP TOKEN IN ORDER TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, SPONSORED OR APPROVED BY BLUE ORIGIN TEXAS, LLC (“BLUE ORIGIN”) OR TWITTER.
The “Space Flight” Promotion (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on April 25, 2022 at 18:00 BST and ends on April 29, 2022 at 23:59 BST (the “Promotion Period”).
1. Contest: The Sweepstakes offers you the chance to win an opportunity to fly into space with Blue Origin (the “Prize”) in connection with your Crypto Space Agency membership.
2. Agreement to Official Rules. By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, you accept and agree to be bound by these “Official Rules” and the Sponsor Terms of Service, which can be found here: www.csa.xyz/terms (the “Sponsor Terms”), which are herein incorporated by reference). Any capitalized term used but not defined herein shall have the meaning given to it in the Sponsor Terms. In the event of any inconsistency between these Official Rules and the Sponsor Terms, these Official Rules will govern with respect to the disposition of the Sweepstakes. You understand and acknowledge that the Prize will be fulfilled by Blue Origin, and that Sponsor is not responsible for the lack of or delay in fulfillment of any Prize. You acknowledge and agree that you may be required to agree to additional terms and conditions in order to accept the Prize if preliminarily awarded to you, including but limited to certain agreements with Sponsor and/or Blue Origin (which may require certain non-disclosure obligations, affidavits, releases or verification procedures), and any failure to accept the terms and conditions thereof will void any award of the Prize, which may then be awarded to another Sweepstakes participant, subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
3. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to individuals, eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. A potential winner will be required to meet certain physical requirements, including with respect to weight, height and physical ability, and to agree to a release of liability and other legal terms as further explained below. The Sweepstakes is void in the US states of New York and Florida and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law. Employees and contractors of Sponsor and Blue Origin, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, franchisees, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Sponsor or Blue Origin through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are also not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. For the avoidance of doubt, individuals are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes if they: (i) are located in any country to which the United States has embargoed goods or has otherwise applied any economic sanctions are not eligible for participation; or (ii) reside in the US states of New York or Florida.
4. How to Enter. Holders of CSA Membership Tokens as of 23:59 BST on April 29, 2022 will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. Please visit www.csa.xyz/mint for CSA membership and token purchasing information. If you do not hold a CSA Membership Token, you may enter the Sweepstakes by sending a postcard addressed to Galactic Waste Management Inc. d/b/a Crypto Space Agency, 64 Bleeker St., Ste. 104, New York, NY 10012. Your postcard must include the following information: (i) the statement that “This is a Crypto Space Agency Mission One Sweepstakes entry”; (ii) your full legal name; (iii) your email address; (iv) your telephone number; (v) your state and country of residence; and (vi) the address of your cryptocurrency wallet, which must be compatible with Ethereum and Ethereum-based NFTs. Failure to include all of the above information legibly typed or printed on your postcard will render your entry ineligible. Your postcard must be received by CSA at the above noted mailing address by 23:59 BST on April 29, 2022.
Maximum one (1) entry per person or household is permitted as described herein. Entrants submitting multiple entries or violating any of these Official Rules will be disqualified. Please note that while an individual may purchase and hold up to two (2) CSA Membership Token NFTs, any individuals holding more than one (1) such NFT will be eligible only once for entry, and automatically entered, into the Sweepstakes in accordance with these Official Rules. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. If you will or do not hold a CSA Membership Token as of 23:59 BST on April 29, 2022, you may submit only one postcard entry by mail. If you hold a CSA Membership Token as of 23:59 BST on April 29, 2022, you may not also send a postcard entry. No automatically generated, photocopied or other form of mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
5. Notification of Winners. The Sponsor expects to notify entrants who are potential winners by announcing such winners’ cryptocurrency wallet address by public Tweet via its Twitter account, @cryptospaceage, between 0:00 BST on April 30, 2022 to 23:59 BST on April 30, 2022; however, such notification may be sent at any time after 23:59 BST on April 30, 2022 (the “NOTIFICATION TWEET”). IN ORDER TO BE SELECTED AS A POTENTIAL WINNER, YOU MUST (I) HAVE AN ACTIVE TWITTER ACCOUNT; (II) MONITOR THE @CRYPTOSPACEAGE TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR THE NOTIFICATION TWEET; AND (III) REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION TWEET FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED THEREIN, INCLUDING IDENTIFYING YOURSELF AS THE OWNER OF A WINNING CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET ADDRESS AND COMPLYING WITH ANY DEADLINE SET FOR SUCH REPLY. IF THE SPONSOR DOES NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE COMPLYING WITH THESE REQUIREMENTS BY THE SPECIFIED TIME(S), THE ENTRANT WILL NO LONGER BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE PRIZE.
Setting up an Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook account is free. Your account must be public or you will not be able to participate or be eligible to win the Prize. If you do not have a Twitter account, you can go to www.twitter.com and follow the links and instructions to create one, subject to the applicable Twitter platform terms and conditions.
Potential winners who have been entered in the Sweepstakes because they own a CSA Membership Token must continue to own such CSA Membership Token at the time of selection of the winner and must continue to own such CSA Membership Token at the time the Prize is awarded (the date of the space flight).
Note: To claim the Prize, potential winners will be required to provide additional information for communication with Sponsor and/or Blue Origin and enter into a release of liability and agree to other legal terms. Potential winners that do not provide additional information as requested by Sponsor or Blue Origin via the verification process, or who do not enter into the release of liability and such other legal terms, will not be eligible. The winner will be required to meet certain physical requirements, including with respect to weight, height and physical ability, some of which may be similar to those described in the Blue Origin terms located here: https://www.blueorigin.com/astronaut-experience-auction-terms-and-conditions. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR BLUE ORIGIN, IN THEIR SOLE DISCRETION, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL THAT ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH ALL REQUIREMENTS TO CLAIM A PRIZE HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND FULFILLED, AND THE ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
The Sponsor is not responsible for errors in transmission, computer errors, or similar problems. The Sponsor will be the sole judge of an entry and an entrant’s eligibility.
5. Prize Drawing: All Sweepstakes entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the Prize drawing, to be held on or around April 29, 2022, at or around 23:59 BST. The drawing will be conducted either by independent persons or a computer program that randomly chooses the winner, from all eligible entries received and the random selection is final and binding. Sponsor’s clock will be the official clock for the Promotion Period.
The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable postal mail, emails or communication (e.g., resulting from any form of active or passive filtering by an email client or for insufficient space in an email account to receive an email). If a selected potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to respond to communications in the time allotted and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, their Prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries. Potential winners that entered the Sweepstakes but do not respond to communication from Sponsor or Blue Origin will forfeit the Prize. Winners who entered on the basis of ownership of a CSA Membership Token must own the CSA Membership Token at the time of awarding the Prize. Upon Prize forfeiture or inability to use a Prize or portion thereof, no compensation will be given, and Sponsor will have no further obligation to that entrant.
6. Prizes and Odds: The “Prize” to be awarded from the Sweepstakes is an opportunity to fly into space on a Blue Origin space mission (which, for clarity, is not any guarantee of flight on any specific Blue Origin mission). There is currently no set or standard price for a seat assignment on New Shepard because seats are very limited and price varies depending on the seat assignment on the manifest. At this time, the estimated prize value is between one million US dollars (US$1 million) and two million US dollars (US$2 million). The winner will be disclosed the exact amount once they are chosen and agree to nondisclosure requirements.
The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. No cash or other substitution of Prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a Prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prizes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to Prizes.
The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received. All Prizes are nontransferable, and no cash or other substitution of Prizes is permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor for a Prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prizes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to Prizes. You agree to provide Sponsor with any additional information and complete any required tax or other forms relating to your receipt of a Prize.
8. Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability.
(a) Sponsor and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising, promotion and legal advisors is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by email or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties or any technical hardware or software failures of any kind, which may limit a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (iv) errors in transmission; (v) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (vi) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by a Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of a Prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (vii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
(b) IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY RELATING TO THE PRIZE AND YOUR PARTICIPATION OR NON-PARTICIPATION IN A SPACE FLIGHT, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
9. Indemnification. You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its and its Related Parties and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Sweepstakes or Prize, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of a Prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) the Prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the Prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. “Related Parties” means: (i) Sponsor’s directors, officers, agents, employees, and shareholders; (ii) Sponsor’s affiliates, customers, subcontractors and suppliers of property and services at any tier involved directly or indirectly in the performance of the Prize, and their directors, officers, agents and employees; and (iii) any other parties having any right, title or interest, directly or indirectly, in Sponsor or Blue Origin or the launch services provided by Blue Origin.
10. Publicity. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you consent to the use of your name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to you (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, homepages located at www.csa.xyz and those of our partners and our social media channels (including Instagram @cryptospaceage and Twitter @cryptospaceage), without additional compensation.
11. Additional Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion (a) the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of the occurrence of any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications, equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, (b) action or inaction on the part of Blue Origin or (c) any other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, in all instances without liability to the entrants. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
12. Governing Law and Choice of Forum. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of Delaware, USA, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal or state courts located in the New York, New York, USA. By entering the Sweepstakes, you consent to such forum and waive any right to claim that such courts are an inconvenient forum, including forum inconveniens.
14. Third Party Platforms. If this Sweepstakes is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation a social media platform (e.g., Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) (“Third Party Platform”), then by participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby release and agree to comply with all rules and policies set forth by such Third Party Platform and to hold harmless such Third Party Platform from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of Prizes or participation in any Prize related activities. This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
16. Inquiries or Questions
Any inquiries or questions regarding this contest, including any request for the names of the winner, may be sent by e-mail to email@example.com or by regular mail to Sponsor at the address set forth above, with a copy to Gamma Law, P.O. Box 136, San Francisco, California 94104-0136 USA.